Have you heard about the DTV switch? In its infinite wisdom, our glorious government decided that, starting February 17, 2009, all television stations in the United States should stop broadcasting on analog airwaves and begin broadcasting only in digital. Of course you've heard about it. Who hasn't?
So, in another move of extraordinary brilliance, today the Senate voted to delay the transition until June 12th. So now, there will be another five months of DTV transition commercials and every TV station in the country helping you find out if your television is DTV-Ready by turning off their analog signal.
President Obama was a huge supporter of the delay, sighting that a lot of people haven't had time to get prepared for the switch. WHAT? We've known about this for over a year. It's been all over the news and all over television. Hell, I don't even watch all that much television and I know about it. I voted for the man, but was it really necessary to push for this delay his first week in office?
Monday, January 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment