Thursday, June 25, 2009

I blog about this subject so much, I should just change the name of my blog to, "People are frakking stupid!"

From time to time, I like to stop at the Starbucks that's just around the corner from where I work. Like most of the newer Starbucks locations, this one has a drive-thru, but it was very poorly designed.

Below is a satellite view of the Starbucks when the shopping center was being built. The blue arrow indicates the entrance and direction of the drive-thru. Most people pull into entrance A (Reggis Ct) and try to drive straight into the drive-thru. And, most of the time, this route is full of those cars blocking the parking lot. Instead of using entrance A, they could just as easily use entrance C (Trinity Blvd). Granted, most of the cars using entrance A turned left onto Reggis Ct from Trinity Blvd, but they can still make a u-turn and use entrance C.

There are also cars that use entrance B (highway 360) and, instead of turing to the right and taking the green route, they go straight and take the red route which means they must make a u-turn into the drive-thru.

TrinityStarbucks


Today, I was parked right in front of the door (just a little south of the drive-thru (blue arrow), and when I tried to back out, someone pulled in through entrance A, but she couldn't pull straight into the drive-thru, so she had to turn a little to the left and then u-turn into the drive-thru. She didn't care that she almost ran over someone walking to their car. She didn't care that she almost ran into me while I was backing out of my parking spot or that she blocked me in. She was going to get her coffee no matter what.

People are either just too frakking lazy or just don't give a damn about anyone else.

ETA Not to mention, if people turning left into entrance A from Reggis Ct can't pull completely into the parking, they'll just sit there in the street so that anyone wanting to turn left onto Reggis Ct from the parking can't.

No comments: