Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I forget to mention a little more about Shoot Smart. Again, they are located on the West side of I35, between Heritage Chase Parkway and Golden Triangle Blvd.

This is the first time I have ever been to an indoor gun range. As I mentioned in my previous entry, it has been at least 20 years since I've shot a gun and back then, there weren't that many indoor gun ranges in The 'Plex. The employees were friendly and helpful, the store/"pro shop" is clean and well stocked and the range is well light and clean - of course, except for the brass sprinkled all over the floor. They have a Shooters Lounge that acts as a waiting area if all the lanes are full. Nice, comfortable chairs, free Wi-Fi and beverages and a view of the lanes. They have ten open lanes - eight 50-foot lanes and two 75-foot lanes. Open lane rentals are 14.85 during the week and 16.50 on the weekends, and 4.00 more for each additional shooter. They also have one 50-foot private lane. The lanes are well light and I was surprised with how well the air was circulated.


Now for the con's: I wasn't happy with the width of the open lanes. They were so narrow that my ejected brass was ricocheting off the lane divider and hitting me. Also for me, they could have added a little more room behind the lanes. There just wasn't enough room to walk around, especially since they allow more than one shooter per lane.

Overall, it was a great experience and we will be going back.

No comments: