Thursday, December 1, 2011

That didn't take as long as I thought it would.

This is how it is supposed to look
SW_MP45Fixed


Looking at this picture again, you can see how far out of place the barrel and return spring guide really are
SW_MP451


SW_MP45B


The M&P (Military and Police) models come with 3 Interchangeable Palmswell Grip Sizes. It comes with the medium Palmswell installed, but I changed to the small.
SW_MP45A


More pictures to come. Hopefully, we'll be able to get to the range soon and I'll probably take some pictures there too.

I chose the one with a thumb safety. I overheard someone in at a gun show telling his buddy that buying a gun with a safety was a waste of money. He went on to say the best safety is your finger. Yes, the suggested retail price of this gun is $20.00 more than the same gun without a thumb safety, but I'm okay with that.

(From Smith and Wesson)

Model: M&P45
Caliber: .45ACP
Capacity: 10+1 Rounds
Barrel Length: 4.5"

Front Sight: White Dot Dovetail
Rear Sight: Steel Low Profile Carry

(ETA) My gun came with front and rear Night Sights.

Trigger Pull: 7 lbs.
Trigger Travel: Rest to Fire .300
Trigger Reset: Approx. .140"
Frame: Large
Finish: Slide and Barrel Black Melonite®, 68HRc
Material: Zytel Polymer Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel/Slide and Structural Components
Overall Length: 8.05"
Weight Empty (No Mag): 29.6 oz
Overall Height: 5.5" / 13.9 cm
Width: 1.2"
Sight Radius: 6.8"

No comments: